El-Gölü (Azerbaijani: Él-Gölü), also known as Shah Guli (, Azerbaijani: Şah-Gölü) is the name of a large park in Tabriz, Azerbaijan, Iran. It has an square artificial lake surrounded by side walk in four sides. There is also a building in the middle of the lake, with traditional architecture of Iranian Azerbaijan. In South of the lake there is a hill covered by trees. Two beautiful stairways connecting the side walks to the top of the hill. At top of the hill there is a building with modern architecture (Hotel Pars building). There is also a small luna park next to the park.
Early history of the El-Gölü is not clear. However, it seems that the lake originally was used as a water resource for agricultural purposes. In old times there was an artificial island with an small palace in the middle of the lake which was used as royal summer palace during the Qajar dynasty (when Tabriz was the official residence of Prince of Iran). During 2nd Pahlavi’s the palace was reconstructed and a pass-way is built to connect the island to the side walks around the lake. constructed in karakoyunlu period 1485 AD.
After the Iranian Revolution of 1979 as normal process for that period for removing Shah name from everywhere the name of Shah-Gölü was changed to El-Gölü in official documents meaning People’s Lake.