Alexander’s Prison or Madreseye Ziaeieh (Ziaeieh School) is a school with about eight centuries old that is located in Yazd , Fhadan neighborhood near the mausoleum of twelve ImamS .
This monument was built by famous Arif , Zia-o- Din Hussain Razi in 1233 AD and was completed by his sons Majd-o-Din Hassan and Sharaf-o-Din Ali in 1305 AD.
In the yard of school , there is a pit with a diameter of about 2 meters, which leads to the crypt-like space with a depth of about 5 meters . There is an old pond on the floor of crypt, which includes the remains of the original building . Dome height of the monument is 18 meters which has a beautiful decoration with golden and azure color that much of it has been undermined. Ziaeieh school architecture can be considered as a characteristic of Mughal architecture .
The monument is raised on stories , dating back to the attack of Alexander , has been used as a prison and later has been repurposed and has been used as a school.